Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Franz de Byl

It's story time!

The internet is kind of like a field of stones. Start flipping them over and you'll find all sorts of strange and fascinating things. Also, a whole mess of nutters.

Like many vaguely pretentious music lovers, I have spent quite a while working my way through the Nurse With Wound List. I've made some pretty good progress, but some of these artists are mind-bogglingly obscure. Having another nose around, I found that one of the most obscure of the artists, Franz de Byl, had just recently put up some tracks on his last.fm radio. Hurrah!

Then I discovered that Franz de Byl is balls-out crazy. I enjoy this sort of craziness so much that I just have to document it before it dissapears.

http://www.last.fm/music/Franz+de+Byl

His last.fm wiki description:

"Franz de Byl strikes back now! If you can’t beat them, join them…
Franz de Byl joined Last.FM now – for only one reason: To define and dominate “his” Last.FM-site by only himself, this site what Last.FM did not want to erase or remove.
Until Google and others are executing this Last.FM “company” because of copyright abuse and so on FdB sees the only chance to absorb this homepage of Sony for his own intents.
Berlin, Dec 30, 2009-12-30
Franz de Byl
Musician & Music Teacher"

THINGS TO NOTE:
This is the first indication that Franz de Byl does not understand the internet at all. Note that he has signed and dated his own wiki entry. He always signs himself 'Musician & Music Teacher' or 'Musiker und Musiklehrer' depending on what language he's writing in. You will also notice mr. "De Byl" really likes putting "things" in inverted "colons". Part of this is obviously to do with a certain lack of familiarity with casual english. I'm not sure what he means about Sony: I suppose there must have been a Sony ad on the page (last.fm is owned by CBS). I am also not quite sure what he means about the copyright. I think, looking over other dialogues between De Byl and discogs.com, that De Byl seems to think that websites displaying the titles of his songs or images of his album covers is copyright theft. It's worth noting that as of the time of this writing, De Byl had under 200 plays total on last.fm, which makes him almost as obscure on that site as me.

Here is the only comment on last.fm site, left by...him:

"Hello Last.fm Music Team I want to inform you about the fact that this so called "Nurse With Wound List" is nothing but a self-fulfilling gratification of Mr. Steven Stapleton who "collected" all these artists names on a "list" for only this reason to become a member in this famous club of stars himself. He created this list of lots of important people just to put his own name in the round. The "NWW list" is a list of bad music. That's why I never wanted to be named in this bullshit list. I told this to Mr. Stapleton but he doesn't want to remove my name. This is what I will sue him for very soon. Every man must have the informational self-determination to decide in what link he is trapped and what "prize" he is given. Mr. Stapleton did never ask me if I would agree to his decision to put my name on his ridiculous and illegal list. So I am asking you to please remove this link. Franz de Byl Take a look at my blog http://franzdebyl--nww-and-discogs.blogspot.com"

Again we note "FdB's" habits. And here, the most fabulous thing. Let me repeat that again.

"This is what I will sue him for very soon. Every man must have the informational self-determination to decide in what link he is trapped and what "prize" he is given. Mr. Stapleton did never ask me if I would agree to his decision to put my name on his ridiculous and illegal list. "

This is fantastic! I really hope I don't have to explain how frothingly crazy this is. This would be like sueing someone for giving you an oscar. 'illegal list'. Oh my.

Another inscrutable habit of de Byl is that he seems to make a new blog every time he makes a new thread. Here's another one:

http://franzdebyl--nww-and-discogs.blogspot.com/

"To me it seems more than incredible and unbelievable that parasites, criminals and pimps like this dare claiming to force something very pure, good and exceptional (Jesus!) - isn't it like Scientology or the Taliban - not to forget: Mr. Steven Stapleton, the hugest idiot and inventor of the so called NWW list?


Barf!"

The best thing though? This is what I saw at the bottom of the page when I googled Franz de Byl. This is pretty incredible. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before:

"In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 3 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org."

Holy shit. What is this guy on?

I would appreciate it if any German speaker could translate this for me:

http://franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com/

As my German only extends as far as being able to order beer and ask where the toilet is later.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this bizarre trivia. There's more to dig in to with this (and probably more great quotes to uncover) and I'll post again if I turn up anything else. Or probably I'll just lose all interest in this whatsoever. Whatever.

36 comments:

  1. Learn to speak and understand german, anonymous motherfucker.
    But if you really like to be on a list, I put your name on MY list. Fools like you dream of it to be named on a list. What would you have payed or done to be on Schindler's list?
    Mr. Stapleton did not put YOUR name on his fucking "list" - did he?
    Gimme your civil name and I'm gonna put it on a list - guess you will love me then.

    Franz de Byl
    Goethestrasse 16A
    10625 Berlin
    http://www.franz-de-byl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like someone has a google alert set up on their own name. This is too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haw, I totally saw that coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lists are power

    in reality the obsession with "top 10" lists is an attempt by higher powers to strip music of all its potency.

    never catagorize anything you like

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think this guy is for real ...
    "De Byl", if pronounced like a german word, sounds like "debil", which is german for a variation of a mental disease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, but he could easily be for real. There is still a small bunch of these dinosaurs not capable to grasp onto things. You can't believe that people can be so ignorant. Threatening someone with your "real name" and your "real adress"?

    What a fucking laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous Motherfucker,
    look at this:
    http://franzdebylspilloryblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/anonymous-motherfucker-1.html

    And realize: "de Byl" is historically dutch and means "the axe" - you might stay anonymous assholes but some day you might get cleaved and schizophrenic -

    Poor boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my god Anger issue you have and i think debile as mad idiot suit you better

      Delete
  8. http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/164949

    http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/196628

    ReplyDelete
  9. De Byl you're a fucking loon

    ReplyDelete
  10. His blog says that since June 2010 he is the only copyright owner of this work.
    This is insane. Do you guys realize this LP might one day become a top level cult release? I am dying to know what his music is like, and as it is I will never know what this music is about. Fucking lunatic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're betting on the wrong horse, guys. Time is on my side.
    I played incredible much concerts and made lots of recordings, I was running a jazz club for nearly 30 years, played all over the world, had so many different groups and orchestras, so many projects and performances - what do you have?
    I am an old man now but I am still educating and playing with a sufficiant success. My son came back to Berlin and he is playing guitar too. Everybody knows my address and all the people in my neighbourhood have big respect for me. They are all friends.
    Forget about this whole story, erase this foolish blog and leave me alone.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'what do you have?'

    Sanity?

    'Forget about this whole story, erase this foolish blog and leave me alone.'

    Then stop hassling every person that mentions your name on the internet you FUCKING LOON! No-one gave a shit about you until YOU started making all this fuss.

    How about YOU forget the story and YOU erase YOUR blogs. And once you're done there, throw yourself off a bridge

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://nurse-with-wound-list.blogspot.com/2010/10/nww-top-level-idiots-3-lastfm-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Frans De Byl

    You're a c*nt mate.

    +1 for the bridge comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey PDJC, translate.google.com should be able to sort out the site for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker
    Hi PDJC,
    you are a motherfucking Motherfucker

    what are you living for? YOU ARE MUD. No idea and no intention for something.
    Just MUD. You will be dead and gone before you realize it yourself.
    Fuck YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi PDJC, "The Master" (...Jeeeep), don't forget: You are an "ANONYMOUS" - I am real! Even Julian Assange is real! Everybody who wants to change something and say something responsible IS and has to be real! You're nothing but a sucker, a no name, a wanker and coward, a KGB and Ku Klux Klanny motherfucker, a low down denunciator for no men's rights. Just for your intellectual masturbation. Stop that now and erase your stinky "Blog" what has nothing but bullshit and rubbish in it anyway, because:
    Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Franz, if you can find anything I've ever said which is a falsehood I will gladly post a correction. Mostly I just quote things you yourself have said, which I find to be inherently funny for reasons that are obviously not clear to you. Presumably since you have, as you so often boast, posted these things to the internet under your real name, you stand by them?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi PDJC, Masterfucker,
    thanks for the first direct speach, but:
    When you really think that all you did and wrote is at least correct and legal - gimme your civil name and I will show you that it was and is NOT.
    You told your friends to ruin my home and maybe even kill me...(I think that post is still working on your blog HQ because you never erase nothing you ever spread out).
    I can show you all the illegal frames in your posts but the main thing is:
    YOU ARE ABUSING MY NAME, MY PERSON, MY FAMILY, MY TRADE MARK, MY FRIENDS, MY STUDENTS a.s.o. just to make publicity for yourself.
    The fact that you and your friends are not able or professional or old enough to understand my internet fights against Last.fm and others could be interesting for an internal discussion, but you damage my reputation without any argumentation or reason.
    Run Google search for "Franz de Byl" with google.co.uk, google.de, google.com, google.ru, google.fr, google.co.jp...
    -
    I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT AND I KNOW THAT YOU MADE IT LIKE THAT CONSCIOUSLY! You always steeled famous names to get famous yourself! Who the fuck you think you are that you can?
    Remember: You also steeled the slogan:
    A Maximum of Quality and Advance!
    Those were my words...
    and don't try to say no - I still have my original and dated comment (but you have it in your older posts too, I suggest)
    So let's say goodbye to this all, erase all your blogs with the name "Franz de Byl" in it and I erase all PDJC blogs what I made.
    Or I go on until I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahahaha, holy shit, this old fossil is insane.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mr. PDJC, I have to say goodbye to you and your 3 or 4 lonely fans. The situation changed since the Court of Justice of the European Union spoke (Octobre 25, 2011, Judgment in Joined Cases C-509/09 and C-161/10). So I screenshot, copied and pasted all of your lovely posts in all of your lovely blogs about this real person with the civil name "Franz de Byl" and sue you in Germany what doesn't cost me a fucking cent.
    As you and all of your friends aren't real, Google will have to ask you to remove and erase all content what I claim to be removed. If you don't do that, you will be removed yourself at least or Google will have to give me your Identity. Look at this link:
    http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2011-10/cp110115en.pdf

    I give you a very last chance, PDJC: When you erase everything you wrote about the musician and real civilian "Franz de Byl" within the next 7 days I will not sue you here and you won't have to pay nothing for all the damaging things you have done to me. If you don't erase and remove - you will get lots of trouble and lose lots of money...

    Looking forward to your message by email to: postmaster@franz-de-byl.us

    Good day

    ReplyDelete
  22. Franz, if you can prove that I have defamed you then I welcome you to make your case, but I rather fear, given the amount of times you have indirectly and directly threatened me with physical harm and made
    unpleasant, libellous and injurious comments about me, that any attempt to bring a frivolous civil or tort action against me will not go particularly well for you. If you do not particularly wish to be subjected to intense public humiliation, bought about entirely through your own efforts, I suggest you grow up. This is not a threat, but in fact rises out of a genuine concern that you are about to take your absurd pseudo-legal fantasies a step too far; harassing last.fm into putting a block on your name so they wouldn't have to deal with your inane, rambling letters was not a legal victory. Filing DMC notices with google to try and prevent people from googling your name, notices which are automatically upheld for possible review if challenged at a later date and have no relevance to European law, is a million miles away from the utterly ridiculous thing you claim you are about to do. I absolutely refuse to submit to your petulant narcissism.

    ReplyDelete
  23. By the way, you know the blog where you offer money to have me hunted down is still available via google cache, right? Really suggest you think about just who's going to look bad here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Up and down - first of all: it is not illegal to reprice for a head hunter when s.b. is doing you wrong. There's no need for you to claim about this fact so. If this is still in the Google cache - it's very easy to remove this with the Google webmaster tools. I thought you're a professional...
    But if you don't know how to do this - I make it, no problem.
    What you did is - excuse me - much more infringing and insulting:
    FdB is balls out crazy, FdB is still insane, a.s.o.
    Your blogs are full of compliments like that what would maybe be ok if I would be an unknown asshole like you - but I am not.
    I think you'll gonna lose that game. But let us see...
    Btw: It was not a loss concerning Last.fm: Last.fm is out of any business in germany. Try to google with google.de.
    That means some bigger defeat in last.fm's income through promotion shush money, my son.
    Got that? Remove and erase or I will erase and remove you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Franz. What are you talking about?

    http://bayimg.com/EakfKAAdo

    Also I have screenshots.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Back on my own computer.

    http://bayimg.com/LaKFLaAdO

    I don't particularly want to be offensive Franz but you have proven over and over and over again that you are almost incapable of understanding how the internet works.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ...I'm tired of this now: My Blog about you is NO MORE in the net since a few days - and I removed everything with Google's webmaster tools too. Actualize your fucking PC and reload - then you will understand how the internet works! And concerning Last.fm: I didn't mean that Last.fm is out of any business in germany. I had been talking about the fact that Last.fm is out of any business concerning the musician Franz de Byl - and this especially in germany. And with my case more and more colleagues who don't like this company too make the same with Last.fm. Last.fm is on its way down.
    Anyway, I tried to do my best. But you don't want to remove your blogs about me. You will hear nothing more from me now.
    Somebody else will get in contact with you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Franz, I'm on my laptop and SHIT! It's still there because you have no fucking clue what you're doing. When I go to work on Monday, it will be on the computers there.

    Oh, just by the by, I have been making back-up copies of this blog as a matter of course pretty much since I started it, so if you do somehow get google to delete anything, I will simply re-upload this blog under a new name. I was thinking 'Panzer Division Franz De Byl'. For the first one anyway, The tumblr I'll obviously have to call something else...is Fuck Yeah Franz De Byl taken yet?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Frank Zappa once said: If there is artificial intelligence, there's bound to be artificial stupidity!
    My Love Blogs about Mr. PDJC are long long OUT and GONE! I tried everything (proxy server pp.) to find them in the net - they are no more to find, also the Google cache is empty and totally erased. Maybe it just took more time in the UK...
    According to my last try to negotiate with you I already reported your Love Blogs concerning Franz de Byl to Google. When Google will not remove your Blogs I will sue you in germany what I can easily do now.
    I tried my best - you can only see me win now. Our Police is right around the corner.
    By the by: I still offer some little money for the person who will whistle your civil name to me. But the prices hardly fell - I pay not more than 20 Euro now. Farewell Mr. PDJC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. "Anyway, I tried to do my best. But you don't want to remove your blogs about me. You will hear nothing more from me now.
    Somebody else will get in contact with you. "

    Also, Franz, I have saved the screenshots! This is ludicrous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Mr de Byl
    I found your name on the NWW list through Google and am very interested to hear your music. This seems to be a site that you regularly comment on so I thought it might be a good place to get in touch. Do you have any records currently available and where could I buy them? Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. this can't be real?

    You can understand what he is saying though...kind of. I guess if you had been living with no clue what the internet was and then came on it and found your name in quite a few places you would be a little bit shocked.

    He obviously has no chance of winning any legal battles because if he did the internet wouldn't be able to exist because you couldn't type anything about anyone...ever.

    I still can't find any of his fucking records to download anywhere though, are they as good as he seems?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey mr. De byl. You can sue me if you want. I am a virtually unknown musician living in rural Maine and wouldn't mind the exposure. Not sure what you could sue me for but maybe we could come up with some sort of idea together. I guess I could put some fictitious music reviews of your music on my myspace page ( http://m.myspace.com/home.wap?bfd=webnext&isredirected=true#friends.list/bandprofile/553133629 ). Dont judge my music by the only song I have up there. It s all I've had time to upload. Anyways if you want to sue me just leave a comment on my web page.
    Thanks
    Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Franz de Byl,

    Suck my cock.

    ReplyDelete